Tuesday, September 1, 2015

MY THOUGHTS TODAY STAY STRONG!




Video courtesy of YouTube and DMB

Chronic illness and depression sometimes comes hand in hand. Sometimes I think about how long I've been battling the two and how long my beautiful life will be and it becomes overwhelming. I am so blessed to have the husband I do, because when it gets "Grey" for me and he can do nothing to "help me get out of this place" he gently reminds me that the worst will pass and I will be okay again. Thank you Todd ðŸ’œ 
When this song first came out and I heard it for the first time, I was at my lowest with my struggle with depression, but I found that it somehow described exactly how I felt. For anyone that knows me, I have always shone my brightest colors on the outside and a lot of the time that is how I felt, colorful. ðŸ˜Š but there was always an undercurrent of grey that I didn't understand, and at a young age didn't have anyone explaining it to me or noticing that it was there.
Over my life, I have watched people, some I knew; some I've loved, lose their struggle; their battle; with depression no matter what kind they've suffered from. I have always been so thankful that I have never lost all hope; that I know I would never leave this beautiful life and my beautiful family. I find strength from my family and my friends and from prayer and guidance from Heaven, the angels and Mother Mary.
Please, please watch our kids, all of our children for signs of depression. If you're not sure what they are, ask someone. Remember to tell your friends who suffer that you are thinking of them and that they make a difference in your life. If you are someone suffering, please, please reach out. There is always someone out there who will listen, you are not alone and it does always get better!
I used to have a really hard time listening to Grey Street, it literally made my heart ache. Sometimes I listen to it and realize how far I've come and am proud of myself. ðŸ’œ Sometimes, like now, it still tugs on my heart but the ache always reminds me that I am still alive and I can still reach out even while I'm hurting inside. My beautiful soul is still beating...



ELLIE

No comments: